Quality solutions ensure the integrity of products as they move through the manufacturing process and on to the consumer or end user. They are also used to improve productivity, as well as profitability. Track and trace, along with quality solutions have found the most utility in closing the product quality loop within the manufacturing system. The goal is to reduce scrap, make fewer bad products and achieve customer satisfaction with the end product.
Quality solutions provide operational benefits such as:
• An accurate accounting of products consumed in processing.
• Identified yields, wastes, and rework streams so they can be improved.
• Reduced safety stocks with improved understanding of day-to-day inventory needs.
• Improved delivery of orders since machine inefficiencies are better known.
• Satisfied inspectors at the federal, state or local regulatory agency with electronic
• Documentation necessary as part of a mock, or real recall events.
Supplying accurate information quickly to those who require it not only ensures a safe product, it also provides piece of mind to manufacturers that the products supplied are something they can put their name on.