Industrial Network Systems | INS3 with headquarters at Illinois, USA (further referred to as “INS3”, “we”, “our”, “us”), acknowledges the critical importance of privacy protection and personal data security. The purpose of this document is to outline and inform on good practices and policies implemented by INS3 in collecting, processing, and transferring personal data submitted by users via our website and/or electronic services.
In accordance with Article 13 par. 1 and 2 of The General Data Protection Regulation from April 27, 2016 further referred to as GDPR we inform that:
- INS3 serves as the administrator of your personal data.
- INS3 Data Protection Officer can be contacted via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Administrator can be contacted via a contact form available on www.INS3.com webpage
Your personal data will be processed for the purposes outlined in this policy; On the Administrator’s commission, your personal data can be made available to other entities like IT, legal, accountancy, and marketing, as well as to other third parties like INS3 Mailing Automation System Klaviyo (www.Klaviyo.com);
You have the right to access, modify, and delete your personal data from INS3’s database, limit its processing, raise objections, request data transfer, and revoke your consent to processing at any time.
Revoking consent will not affect INS3’s ability to process personal data that was collected prior to the withdrawal.
What types of data INS3 collects and for how long this data is stored?
INS3 may collect and store the following information about its users:
Data Directly Provided by Users
Users may provide pieces of data that identify them through the use of INS3 services, filling out forms or questionnaires available on our website (such as registration forms), communicating with INS3 through phone, email, or other means, and utilizing INS3 customer support and a contact form.
The submitted data falls into one or more of the following categories: Mandatory data, necessary to register for services available through INS3 website or other services provided by INS3; Photos; Records of all kinds of correspondence between users and INS3; Detailed information on users’ visiting our website and using resources available there; Responses provided in all kinds of questionnaires. Those can be used for analyses, particularly the ones on users’ behaviour and users’ satisfaction; Information INS3 may require while submitting issues with its products and/or services, as well as while contacting its customer support; Geolocation data, if a user has consented to collecting and processing of it; In case of registering a user through social media, INS3 will have access to some of user’s personal data (like name, profile picture, email, number of friendS on Facebook, etc.), posted on their profile in accordance with terms and conditions of a given social media platform.
Data Collected Automatically
In regard to users’ visits on our website, INS3 may, in accordance with applicable laws and with the explicit consent of users, collect data about the devices and networks used by users to access INS3 services. This data may include: IP address, data related to downloads, type and version of web browser, type and number of plugins used by the web browser, platform and operating system, advertising ID, browsing statistics including the URL of the referring website, data on product and service searches, download errors, time spent on all pages visited within the INS3 domain, interaction with other websites, and phone numbers used to contact INS3 technical support.
Unless otherwise stated in subsequent paragraphs, users’ personal data is kept for the entire duration of their relationship with INS3, which includes:
- 5 years since the last time a user has visited
- INS3 website, if his or her account has not been closed down;
- 1 year since the above-mentioned account has been closed down;
- The period can be extended for a limited time because of relevant claims, if processing of personal data is necessary for the Administrator to pursue or defend against those claims.
How INS3 Uses the Data Collected from Users?
INS3 uses the data collected from its users for the following purposes:
- To fulfil its obligations arising from all kinds of agreements with users and to provide them with information concerning products and/or services. Processing of such data is necessary to fulfil contractual obligations;
- To inform users on available products and/or services via email, text messages, and/or other means of communication. Processing of such data is necessary to fulfil contractual obligations and is entirely conditional on users’ explicit consent;
- To receive users’ payments or to issue payments previously received by INS3 on users’ behalf. Processing of such data is necessary to fulfil contractual obligations;
- To enable users to personalise their profiles on INS3 websites. Processing of such data is entirely conditional on users’ explicit consent;
- To enable users to share and exchange information about our services with other users. Processing of such data is necessary to fulfil contractual obligations and is done upon users’ explicit consent;
- To send users, in compliance with laws and regulations in force and, when necessary, upon users’ explicit consent, marketing materials and information necessary to improve delivery of ordered products and/or services, as well as suggestions regarding other products and services that may be of interest for users. Moreover, INS3 uses users’ data to send them personalised ads in social media. Detailed information on the operation of such services and kinds of data they collect from users is available on relevant webpages of a given social media platform. Processing of such data is entirely conditional on users’ explicit consent and the existence of INS3 justified cause for processing it;
- To provide users with information on changes in INS3 products and/or services. Processing of such data is necessary to fulfil contractual obligations, to comply with relevant laws and regulations, and to act upon or protect any legal claims that may arise during users’ relationship with INS3;
- To properly manage INS3 websites and internal activities such as troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, and conducting research, analytic, and supervisory projects. Processing of such data is conditional on the existence of INS3 justified cause for processing it (for example to guarantee the security of INS3 platforms and their improvement);
- To improve INS3 website and to guarantee the content published there is always presented in the best possible way for users and their devices. Processing of such data is necessary to fulfil contractual obligations, and/or is entirely conditional on users’ explicit consent;
- To enable users’ use of interactive features in INS3 services, if they wish to use those features. Processing of such data is necessary to fulfil contractual obligations and/or is entirely conditional on users’ explicit consent;
- To ensure the security of INS3 website. Processing of such data is conditional on the existence of INS3 justified cause for processing it, necessary to act upon or to protect any legal claims that may arise during users’ relationship with INS3, and to ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations;
- To conduct measurements and activities aimed at evaluating the effectiveness of advertisements sent to users or third parties, and to deliver personalised ads to users. Processing of such data is conditional on the existence of INS3 justified cause for processing it and/or on the users’ explicit consent.
Forms and their purpose
- Contact Form. Its purpose is to respond to the user in a specific case;
- Newsletter Subscription Form. Its purpose is to deliver a newsletter with product announcements, press releases, and other news related to INS3 and electric fireplaces in general;
- Downloadables Subscription Form. Its purpose is to deliver a downloadable file with product announcements, press releases, and other content related to INS3 and electric fireplaces in general;
- Webinars, Training, and Events Form. Its purpose is to reserve a seat for an event or a live webinar that INS3 is conducing.
- Support Form. Its purpose is to submit encountered issues or requests for repairs. Acting upon such requests may require your personal data to be shared with third-party suppliers and service providers;
- Become a Partner Form. Its purpose is to submit an application to become a INS3 Partner. Sometimes it’s also used for offering products and effecting sales;
Who are the recipients of data collected from INS3 users and why it is available to those recipients?
When users use INS3 services, some of their personal data is made available to members of INS3 community, for example through users’ public profiles. Moreover, INS3 works closely with third party entities, who can be users’ personal data recipients such as (but not limited to): INS3 vendors in technical matters, payment processing, identity verification, as well as products and/or services delivery. INS3 makes data collected from users, including personal data, available to any of the above-mentioned third-party entities only if this is necessary: To enable the use of services provided by the third-party entity; To fulfil contractual obligations;To simplify the delivery of INS3 services or to extend the scope of those services. INS3 uses third-party services for analytics and search engine optimisation. It is assumed that by signing up for INS3 services users’ give their consent for their data to be used by the above-mentioned third-party entities.
INS3 may disclose users’ personal data upon request from authorities or the court of law in compliance with relevant laws and regulations, or upon a bona fide belief that such disclosure is necessary to:
- Fend off any legal claims brought against INS3 in the court of law;
- Provide evidence in an ongoing legal investigation
- Remove an imminent threat that may cause a human death or injury;
- Protect rights, property and security of INS3, its users, or third parties.
Personalised ads delivered through social media, email, and text messages.
In compliance with relevant laws and regulations, and when necessary, upon users’ explicit consent, INS3 can use the data submitted via its platforms for the purpose of direct marketing through electronic means of communication which may include, but is not limited to:
Sending newsletters, invitations for INS3 -organised events or other messages that according to INS3 may be of interest for users;
Delivering personalised ads through social media platforms or third-party websites.
Targeted ads and materials: On social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or LinkedIn users can opt-out of receiving the above-mentioned ads and materials by changing the appropriate account settings at a given social media platform;
To opt-out of receiving ads on third party websites, please follow the instructions included in the paragraph Cookies and Similar Technologies.
Access to Users’ Data by Third-Party Entities
All users’ personal data are stored within the European Union. Considering that INS3 operates at an international scale, it does grant access to its users’ personal data to third party entities based in non-EU countries where regulations on handling personal data may by less rigorous than those in force in the user’s place of residence. It may be the case when a third party entity providing data processing services for
INS3 has its headquarters in a non-EU country that does not have the appropriate legal protections for users’ personal data in place. Such service providers responsible for users’ data processing may take part in delivering services ordered by users, processing of their billing information, delivering advertising and marketing services on behalf of
INS3, and/or delivering support services through electronic means of communication.
The above applies to making users’ data available to corporate entities based outside of the EU for the purpose of delivering relevant services in their respective countries.
In case of making user’s data available to non-EU entities,
To obtain detailed information on data security measures in place at INS3, please use the contact form available in our website.
Users’ Rights on Personal Data
If regulated by laws in force, users may have a right to obtain copies of their personal data stored at INS3. Before responding to a written request for such a copy, INS3 may ask users for:
Additional information necessary to process the request.
INS3 is committed to resolving the above-mentioned requests in a timely manner, within a period required by relevant laws and regulations. To act upon this right, users need to contact INS3 using the contact forms available below.
Users have a right to access, correct, modify or remove their inaccurate personal data. Users can also update or remove their personal data by using the contact forms available below. Users can remove their accounts at any time and object to any further processing of their personal data by INS3.
In some cases, INS3 can keep some of users’ data, if it is required by law, or if there is a justified cause for doing so. For example, when INS3 has reasons to believe a user has committed a fraud or violated terms and conditions, it can keep some users’ data to prevent further violations. Users have a full right to file a complaint to relevant authorities, or take their case to the court of law whenever they believe their rights have been violated.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computer hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
Other cookies may be stored to your computer’s hard drive by external vendors when this website uses referral programs, sponsored links or adverts. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored, saved or collected.
Links to External Websites and Social Media
INS3 can include links to external websites belonging to its partnership networks, advertisers, or subsidiary corporate entities. In case of using links to external websites, users should bear in mind they are bound by privacies policies in place at those respective websites.